UA-40515938-1

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

FAVE! Toys of the 90s

When I was about seven or eight years old I always made sure that I woke up at exactly 8:30AM for the weekend kid show that featured fun children songs, good values and awesome toy advertisements! I was always in awe when I watched those fun advertisements where the toys walked and sang with so much glee. One of the key reasons why I watched that particular show was primarily because of the adverts that were shown during its airing. That at some point I really wished I had all of those toys that were presented on the television.

Now, twenty years have passed and I still feel giddy about those toys. I especially got excited when I saw the nostalgic internet explorer 90s commercial that brought a lot of memories as I watched it. Indeed, I was a 90s kid and with that, I decided to scour the video library of Youtube to check some of favourite 90s toy advertisements. Here’s my Top Five:

Polly Pocket
This is my first compact very handy toy when I was a kid. I absolutely love how intricate the toy was despite of its size. I would sometimes bring it to school so that I can play with my classmates during break time and then sadly I’d find out that a piece of the toy is missing, that I guess is the down side to Polly Pocket.
HERE'S THE POLLY POCKET 90s AD

Play-Doh
Play-Doh is such an awesome toy because it pushes children to imagine and create things. With Play-Doh I was able to create a number of things from weird looking vegetables to beautiful architectural landmark with the help of my mom.
HERE'S THE PLAY-DOH 90s AD

Barbie
I cannot imagine my child hood without Barbies, whether it be a plain jeans and shirt Barbie or the more sophisticated sparkly gown wearing Barbie I just love them all. What I really like about Barbie is that I can design and style a number of Barbie products according to my taste and preference during my time.
HERE'S THE BARBIE 90s AD


Baby All Gone
This toy was mind blowing to me when I first saw it on the television when I was a child. I mean for a doll toy to eat its food and drink is just pure awesomeness. I was so excited by the fact that I cannot fathom what was happening that the doll and that it was able to eat like a human baby!LOL HERE'S THE BABY ALL GONE 90s AD

Troll Doll
Kids nowadays wouldn’t probably like troll dolls because of its quirky very strong appearance. But as a 90s kid, I was all about collecting Troll Dolls. There were even troll pencil toppers, troll pencil cases and troll doll posters that were sold in toy shops all over the metro. 
HERE'S THE TROLL DOLLS 90s AD